CZP 2.22% 4.6¢ computercorp limited

You have to ask yourself - why did I invest in this company. Was...

1. 13 Posts.
    You have to ask yourself - why did I invest in this company. Was it for earnings or capital gain ?

As per your post, they have not made a profit, and the share value has dropped quite a bit since listing.

To get the share price back to say 25 cents, the earnings would have to improve dramatically in the next 12-18 months, and if you believe this can happen, then keep your shares.

The stock does not appear to be very liquid at all and I suspect this is why the share price has been relatively stable. Also consider with all the extra shares being issued, the shareholder equity is being diluted.

One of the benefits of being a listed company is that they can continue to raise funds through the issue of extra shares, which of course a private company cannot do (otherwise the owners would have to tip their own money in ) and ComputerCorp are also able to acquire other companies by offering the owners "shares" in Computercorp (i.e. no real money changes hands) to buy their businesses.

Here's a trick question: If you were selling your business,( or house ) would you prefer to be
    a: paid in cash
    b: paid in shares in ComputerCorp

I think there are better companies to invest money in - where there is a track record of dividends, and a good chance of capital gain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.