LYC 0.00% $6.80 lynas rare earths limited

bythebay and others,Like your friends, you do not get it. Follow...

1. 1,110 Posts.

bythebay and others,

Like your friends, you do not get it. Follow my well-reasoned posts.

I am not a polical activist as I am accused of being. I used to hold LYC, but have sold my shares out of concern for (what I see are) potential issues in Lynas plan (or lack of one) for a failsafe method of handling and storing radioactive waste.

Also, I do not like the demeaning characterisation of people of other races or in less powerful positions to inflence what happens to their lives (Aussie humour? Really?)

What you do not get is that Lynas could fall over if it does have a problem with the handling or storage of radioactive waste in Malaysia. What would happen to Lynas' share price, what costs to repair any site damage? How would confidence in Lynas be affected? For how long would Lynas be down? What would be the reaction of Lynas clients?

These are not insignificant considerations or contingencies. I hope that we never have to face them in fact

To ensure that, it is better that we face up to these possibilities upfront, rather than wait for a radioactive incident to occur, and then try to recover after the event.

Even in Australia, we are still debating how to handle radioactive waste. A recent suggestion has it stored in the Northern Territory. It is not an easy decision as one must avoid leakages into underground water systems. Hence, the expertise of geologists and hydrologists is involved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.80
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.356B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.85 $6.89 $6.77 $9.256M 1.356M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12357 $6.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 13181 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.