SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Summary of why this technology has good (or bad) prospects, page-56

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Alright Moosey, you've got me interested enough that I've made myself the lucky 13th largest shareholder according to last year's annual report.

Although I can't see myself buying much more stock for reasons that have nothing to do with SLX.

My thinking is that with the cash position where it is, today's buyer is effectively being paid a subsidy to own this technology. Sure the cash is going to dwindle, but so far Silex has spent around $185m developing this technology, and before that, the government also spent megabucks on development that we effectively got for free.

So effectively for the c.$400k of stock that I've bought, it means that I'm getting indirect ownership of about $440k of cash plus at least a couple of million in past development expenditure plus the security of knowing that the previous development expenditure actually achieved its aims.

There are plenty of risks and hurdles ahead, but this still seems like risk-reward is looking pretty favourable for today's buyers.

Fingers crossed that 13 is going to be a lucky number in this instance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.