SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

summary, page-8

1. 3,089 Posts.
    Here is something else to throw into the mix - if you want to consider the bigger picture of the interlinked world of the geo-politics and the macro-economics of oil.

The following is from 'The Weekend Australian', 10-11th Dec 2011 and as the article covers the entire page, I will only repeat the bit about oil prices......note the price oil could go to, if the substance really hits the fan between Iran and the US/Isreal alliance. No, it is not a misprint:

"Bitter forecast for Arab Spring", by Nick Horden, THe Weekend Australian, 10-11th December 2011, p.52

"And Egypt represents the good news in the region. The further east, the worse the outcome looks. However sever the fallout from conflict involving Syria's neighbours, or a violent disruption of the political process in Egypt, it's effect on the global economy would be muted compared with a Western confrontation with Iran, the world's third largest oil exporter.
    Last Monday, Tehran threatened that should the West go ahead with proposed sanctions against Iran, the price of oil would double to $US 250 a barrel. In the past month, hostility between the two camps has soared.
    On November 12th, an explosion near Tehran reportedly destroyed a facility that played a key role in the development of Iran's long-range missile program. Two week's later, another explosion near the central city of Isfahan was reported to have damaged a nuclear facility. Then, last Sunday, the Los Angeles Times published a report quoting former US Intelligence officials as saying, quite plausibly, that the missile plant explosion was a strike in a secret war being waged by the US and Israel against Tehran's strategic arsenal.
    The day after the explosion in Isfahan, the British Embassy in Tehran was stormed by an officially backed student militia. Following this attack, both the EU and the US Senate foreshadowed measures that would constitute the most far-reaching sanctions yet imposed on Iran's Oil exports, including a total EU embargo on Iranian Oil.
    Enacting these could see Tehran attempt to make good on it's oil threat" (article continues but is of lesser relevance to SSN readers, so I won't repeat it here)

So, make what you will of that - but 2012 could be an interesting year for Oil prices and for any oil company like SSN who are actually in production stages.
    Could also make a good plot for another 007 movie?
    Will Iran be the next Arab State to fall?
    Who knows - I certainly do not but does give another twist to the story of oil.....a story that already includes peak oil having passed; the Arab world's major exporters in turmoil and/or, facing falling production; the USA increasing oil exploration in an attempt to free itself from dependence on the Middle East oil supplies and last but not least, increasing demand from China and India, expecially from their increasing middle classes and the desire to own a car.
    7 cents per share?? Could rocket to 17 cents per share in the blink of an eye, imo.

All of the last part of the above is my personal opinion.
    DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.