I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged...

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 535
    I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror
    The wide brown land for me!

"Dorothy Mackellar" 1908 .

Australians need to start taking their right to vote in local council elections a little more seriously . The quality and ability of these politicians at this level of government is mind boggling ,yet they seem to have escaped the wrath and responsibility for their gross incompetence in allowing our natural disasters to spiral in to a state of catastrophe . Mitigation and risk elimination should be at the for front of local councils , not uneducated ,unresearched and ill informed advice given as gospel . At the moment our councils consist of mushroom eating faeries at the bottom of the garden and corrupt property developers . With a growing population these councils have allowed property development on flood plains (eg. Ross river flood plain in Townsville ) and allowing people to live in a home amongst the gum trees while enforcing strict non clearing laws .
    We don't need politicians at level 3 government waving there woke ideology or corrupt businessmen settling into the swamp for a free lunch. So next time you vote look for someone that is prepared to make the right decisions ,unpopular to some maybe , but for the sustainable safe and efficient running of our local communities.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.