CZD 3.13% 9.3¢ calzada limited

sunday age page 6 skin donor shortage, page-3

1. 2,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Hi Gav

I took the liberty of sending your post to CZD and posed the question - "Can the Polynovo BTM product do the job of donor skin? "

I have had a reply that follows

"Gav makes several valid points. I would firstly just clarify that donated skin from skin banks is only intended to be used as a temporary covering in the case of full thickness wounds, it is not intended to become a permanent wound covering.

Our NovoSorb BTM product is designed to go one step further than donor skin which is intended for subsequent removal. Our BTM not only physiologically closes the wound and provide a barrier to infection like donor skin but it also resists contraction by integrating into the wound bed to form a new controlled dermis. It is also designed to receive application of a thin split graft from the patient once sufficient skin becomes available.

Accordingly BTM has been designed to replace the current products intended for the treatment of full thickness burns such Integra, Alloderm and other donated skin.

Furthermore our next generation Cultured Composite Skin (CCS) product is designed to abolish the need for the patient to undertake painful split skin graft procedures by creating a unique 2-stage treatment for large burns.

As a result we believe BTM will have the potential to take significant market share from existing products with sales valued at approximately $100m pa. Due to BTM’s many product attributes it is likely this market will grow significantly with increased use of BTM by burns surgeons.

"Let 2012 be a fantastic year for burns patients survival and secondarily for CZD."

If we get good results from current trials the future looks bright for all. $100m doesn`t seem like a big market when markets for biotech talk in billions however there is a current urgent need as per the article and CZD and Dr Greenwood have 100% of the application, so heres to no glitches in the trials.

JV will apply the logic, however success here should be worth 30c/ share minimum!!

Cheers

G

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.