sunday first up bet, page-6

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Good luck JLA. I've been givin' up punt'n for a long time! When I was single I probably lost too much especially after easy money from other investments.

People used to ask me where did all the money go I got from the properties I sold and I'd reply "spent it on gambling, drinking and the ladies, and the rest I wasted!" Not too far from the truth really!

Seriously if you think gambling costs you try owning a race horse, 60K down the old gurgler!

Still now I have my family very sedate and treat it as a hobby. People can spend lots of money on their hobbies.

Maybe you should try to just stick to one code and one track. I have found just backing Hong Kong decreases my punting days and increases your chances of success as you become more familiar with the horses etc.The last two years I have finished in front, but some work to do this year :(

I used to punt from race to race at the TAB, dogs at Albion to trots at Parkes to night race in Toowoomba, mind you, got to know alot of places names around Australia. People would ask if I've heard of Musselbrook I'd go yeah they got a horse track there haven't they! Quick way to spiral down .I'm sure all reading on here realise the psychology of chasing a winner.

Any way best of luck with your demons.Your family have all grown up and done well so I wouldn't be too harsh on yourself. If you think its a problem then there are places that can help, obviously, but I guess thats half the problem
    for us punters, realising when fun turns to serious, it can sometimes just fade in over many years.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.