ANS 0.00% 1.7¢ austsino resources group limited

MWR8- Some good question, the biggest one being what is SDL's...

1. 6,565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150

MWR8- Some good question, the biggest one being what is SDL's move if successful with their legal case against Ding and AustSino. I have moved on from the pre-action discovery post, I said what i wanted to say.

It should be noted that SDL have some good financial backing for this legal case, so it will depend on the outcome imposed by the courts.
    SDL are seeking financial damages probably because the working relationship has been destroyed by Ding's decision to usurp the project from SDL. SDL's CE wont just roll over and let this one go, this will be a full blown legal case and will go the distance. Another chapter in someone's book.

My interest these days is not so much financial but to see the project through to development and done the right way and I mean not ripping off Australian shareholders. Depending on what happens I could see myself potentially throwing a few dollars into ANS if they are still around and become the lead company in this project and if they are ever permitted back on the ASX. That seems unlikely. Sort the legal case out first.

I remember making my money on SDL many moons ago, and paying off the mortgage. Not the size of the mortgages these days though. The remaining parcel of shares I wrote off a long time ago, way before SDL scrapped the bottom of the barrel twice and found ANS.

I don't know what path they will go down next but it is worth the entry ticket to watch how things play out. There is definitely a book in this for someone. "SDL - War and peace and other stranger things" this tale has been playing out for a long time and is not over yet.

Everyone has probably heard it it all before, but bear with me whilst I digress for a short moment. Its a long post I know.

The one thing SDL could never do was to secure and retain a financial partner to fund the project. They were however, impacted by the GFC and the backside falling out of the IO price. SDL achieved every milestone accept that one last and very important hurdle. The large funding required to get this project off the ground in this region scared off a lot of major investors (very high risk but high returns). Chinese interest was the only option for the funding. When Hanlong got involved and they had alleged direct funding connections to the Chinese communist party that was the kiss of death for the project for me (especially after announcing the death penalty for the hanlong founder Liu Han for corruption) , everything really ground to a halt after that. Chinese communist party could have funded it in a heart beat at that time, but wanted to the project for themselves IMO and chose to drag things out. Long term play.

From a Chinese Communist party point of view, I always thought why would you engage with a western third party (SDL or even ANS) when you could fund and run the project yourself. The motivation for the chinese was to secure their own IO resource outside the majors including Australia.

The ANS and SDL partnership initially seemed very promising for both parties, but as things progressed and the promises by ANS didn't materialise for me it was yet another Hanlong ground hog day all over again.

I remember making my money on SDL many moons ago, and paying off the mortgage. Not the size of the mortgages these days though. The small remaining parcel of free carriage shares I wrote off a long time ago, way before SDL scrapped the bottom of the barrel and found ANS.

I would like to see the right thing done in this case and the long suffering shareholders of both ANS and SDL rewarded for their troubles. To me there was plenty of shareholder value to go around on this project.

The games continue....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ANS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.