SDG 0.00% 7.3¢ sunland group limited

Sunland LTD to buyback & cancel 15.000.000 shares, page-3

1. 190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I am long on this and have been for many years

In my view the buyback was a God sent for shareholders like me, which it effectively put a floor on the SP so it wont slide further below to uncharted territories and make this co ripped for the vultures, short sellers & become a takeover target beyond which since the announcement we haven't seen much movement in SP and that is mainly due to general uncertainty in property sector.

In my view ALP win should help the SP since any changes to negative gearing would likely to only benefit SDG as investors flock to buy new properties only and guess what... SDG only sells new properties irrespective of buyers being investors or owner occupiers.

So Jeff is right, sellers can use the opportunity to sell as the company is in no big rush to pay any more for the shares during the buy back than it absolutely has to if necessary. So unless there is a takeover offer which I wouldn't rule it out given the present NTA - I cant see a SP getting close to even 80% of NTA any time soon.

You are right also that at least mathematically there is no down side to buy these shares - SDG has the lowest debt ratio than any other property group and the SP is trading at significant discount to NTA; they have a large cash reserve with plenty in un-drawn credit facility so I woudn't have expected the SP going any lower than it is now or at all - and if it does most likely they do more buy backs!

I would like to buy more but as I said I am long and would probably prefer to sell some of my portfolio if it hits 1.87 -1.89 for the purpose of diversification only and nothing else.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.