super funds with single share options, page-3

1. 12,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    BugGold

Hevlet is correct about Australian Super ... I researched the living daylights out of this when I first decided to go solo in my super. I soon tossed them aside as the restrictions they placed on buying shares was way too onerous for me.

Please dont get caught up in the commercial "hype" about industry super being the cheapest & best option for all superholders ... that is just spin - they want your business like any other. They might have lower fees, but they produce lower gains. If I had of stayed with an industry fund five years ago, my super would be a fraction of what it is now.

When I changed over into Netwealth, there was no such thing as "Super Choice" ... So I circumvented that by privately opening up a separate Netwealth Super Wrap and sending a letter to my employer-super fund requesting a "roll-over" of $10k, which I then put into the new Netwealth super. Once I saw how efficient that was, I rolled over most of the rest, leaving just a few hundred dollars in my employer fund. Then for the next few years as it built up I would empty it out by making a yearly "roll-over" into Netwealth. I effectively had two superfunds: My employer one which was tiny and then would accumulate, and Netwealth which grew in strong increments, and allowed me to invest in whatever shares I wanted and to capitalize on the resource boom.

To really get ahead financially you need to get out from the crowd and take control of your own destiny. Just an idea for you to consider.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.