CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Charlie123,Every time I read an announcement from CuDeco on...

1. roh
    4,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2

Charlie123,

Every time I read an announcement from CuDeco on further progress, I am reminded how things could have been otherwise and we could be holding shares in other mining companies[ and there are a heap of them] that are going nowhere or going backwards.

It is extremely difficult in the current economic climate that faces junior explorers for any of their projects to get off the ground. It has to be an exceptional prospect to attract interest and they have to compete with other companies worldwide chasing scarce, elusive venture capital.

Add to that the high costs of developing a mine in Australia and it is not a pretty picture.

It has taken years for CuDeco to be on the threshold of making its first sales. Think of how long it is going to take for others to actually get to mining if they ever do.

Wayne McCrae and management have done a masterful job with Rocklands and I, for one, am grateful to them.

The announcement mentions start of excavation work on Le Meridian and Rocklands Central. My understanding was [ and feel free to correct me] that the three million tonnes per annum throughput was to come from Las Minerale and Rocklands South.

If that was the case, then ore from Le Meridian and Rocklands Central may indicate the intention of a higher throughput than the three million tonnes per annum. We do know from an earlier announcement that the company was examining whether it was feasible to increase the throughput [ from memory ] to between 6 and 15 million tonnes per annum. This would mean upgrading the capacity of the crusher.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.