"The latest effort is the resource super profits tax ? a...

1. 428 Posts.
    "The latest effort is the resource super profits tax ? a national embarrassment. Those who don?t even understand why it?s a bad tax are asking: why do we need the money? We understand the need for the community get a fair share etc, but Australia is the best performing economy in the world, so what have you guys done with all the money that you have to jeopardise our most successful industry to raise more?

Modernising the economy, centralising health, promoting growth, engagement with the world, reconciliation, climate change have all been abandoned or modified in favour of mopping up administrative disasters, covering up maladministration, forcing the budget into surplus and generally clearing the decks for an election."

Alan Kohler - Rudd's Mask is Off
    Business Spectator

Hi Pintohoo,

I particularly liked this part, although I agree with your sentiment. Whilst the tax and other debacles can be seen for what they are, Abbot would be a disaster.
    2.5-3.0 billion tax on business to give those on up to 150k parental leave on full pay.
    A slapped together ludicrous, open ended, massively expensive, open to rorting scheme to address something he doesn't even believe in (climate change). Who pays? We do.
    And there will be more. Like Rudd, he changes his tack with the political weather.

I despair. Might be time to dust off an old copy of the Sex Pistols album.

Altogether now...
    "Anarchy for the ...(something that rhymes with UK and denotes Australia).

Peter

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.