super tax myths and facts, page-77

1. 481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    When I first heard the news, I was surprised any Government could be that dumb. Then I wondered if the Constitution actually allows selective taxing - if so maybe higher tax rates for affluent suburbs is next.

After reading the Budget another option dawned on me - announce the tax on a weekend, stand tough against the inevitable protests, use the theoretical proceeds to fatten up the Budget and bask in the glory of "sound economic management', "the envy of the rest of the world" and the like, all the time knowing they will this through either House.

Once reality takes over, Labor then has someone else (Libs, Independents that voted the Supertax) to blame for massive deficits. Maybe, just maybe, their spin doctors can paint enough righteous indignation around this to get through the Election.

Given the home insulation scheme, the building education revolution scheme, the energy trading scheme, the renewable energy scheme, immigration, whaling and so on, it is little comfort that Labor has now found a new cause. Couldnt organise a p*ss-up in brewery if their lives depended on it.

Nick

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.