Thanks for that information mate, I’m a little way off pension...

1. 2,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    Thanks for that information mate, I’m a little way off pension phase but hope to be fully educated on the rules of the day by the time I get there.

My current understanding is that only the earnings from the first $1.9m (from next FY) are tax free in pension phase, then the next $1.1m is taxed at 15%.
    Anything over that $3m in future will be as previously described, being taxed twice regardless of one being in pension or accumulation phase.
    I would think once you are in pension phase your total balance would be considered and have to drawdown the minimum % for your age, I confess I’m not 100% certain but if not what’s the point of it, as it’s designed to deplete what you have in super. Perhaps the terminology is the confusion there as the fact they say the amount over the $1.9m stays in accumulation phase, which only means it will continue to be taxed at 15%.

The only way I can make sense of the Carlos equation is that perhaps he has not rolled over into pension phase.

After doing some examples myself I have come to the conclusion that even after being taxed twice it wouldn’t be more than having it in any other entity.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.