Hi there Wilson & L/Barrel.I do something similar but via AMP....

1. 429 Posts.
    Hi there Wilson & L/Barrel.
    I do something similar but via AMP. Their website seems to work pretty well & you can change investment options on a daily basis if you wish. Choice of options is broad, between property, cash, oz or international shares, emerging markets etc...

It looks like I was a bit luckier or more conservative than you guys & went all cash in mid-November 07. Then punted a couple of times that the markets would recover & switched a bit back into Aus shares, property & emerging markets. Got it wrong both times ! Bottom line is the lowest balance was about an 11% fall. That's not so bad but being so conservative I've only recovered 2% since that low point.
    Would naturally love to get it right next time as it hurts like hell when you pull the wrong rein.

Wilson, you mention that the funds 'don't really like it' when we switch investment options. Are you sure about that or is it just an opinion? I've always assumed that this feature is part of their product so why would they mind if we utilise it?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.