GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

superannuation funds with gold exposure?, page-5

1. 688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    In April this year I sent a letter to my super fund manager requesting information about my funds exposure to gold. I got the usual response informing me how as a fund their growth for 2008 was only - 2% compared with an industry average of - 3.8 %, they also summerised the choices available to contributers e.g., growth (more risk potential higher returns) v's capital stable (lower risk less returns). Not satisfied with the response letter (smelt like a computer fabricated gesture), I called the fund manager for a little chat. That wasn't very helpful either and he insisted I write to the Board of Trustees and vent my concerns at the next meeting of the board (letter sent). That meeting was late April 2009 and I never heard a thing back about any sort of a response, so you guessed it I rang the fund manager this week. His response was.... "The fund has some exposure to Lihir and Newcrest stock but no interest in Bullion or ETF's". However he could not itemise the percentages of exposure for different types of port folios. He then told me if I wasn't happy then a self managed fund was my only option. My advice is to check your fund out if your not already self managed. Over the next couple of years it could be the most important decision you make.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.