Everything is SO obvious in hindsight. In 6 months/1 year, what...

1. 172 Posts.
    Everything is SO obvious in hindsight. In 6 months/1 year, what will we be looking back at (economically speaking only)?
    Some obvious things -Productivity (economic driver) plummets, Private & govt spending/debt amplified, International accounts diminished as well.
    Micro-economic level (you and me), spending is reigned in, -if the drops of rain stop falling, the creeks/dams/streams/rivers/reservoirs get slower and lower.
    Vaccine/medicines squash virus, Phew.
    My Speculations in a nutshell:
    House prices drop? (IMO >20%, -I actually think more circa $1M),
    Aus becomes cheap investment for OS investors -takeovers of Aus assets (including housing) due to low $A starts to become upfront issue. Think about likely takeover target companies and accumulate some shares. When? not yet IMO, dip a ways off yet.
    Biggest concern -superfunds (individually and as an industry) become target for (populist, economically challenged fiscally uneducated buffoons across the board) govt to access. Other savings (non super) will be scrutinised as well. I'm conservative liberal, but it is time that the wealthy to put back into the economy which has disproportionately favoured them in the past. I'm talking about the obscenely wealthy, with $$ in the Caymans etc in the first instance.

Take home message (IMO):
    Super savings are vulnerable, be cautious
    Politicians have an obligation to educate themselves on economic management: Legal Fiduciary Obligation, not populist soap box grabs
    a thousand other things

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.