superb manoeuver by howard..., page-75

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    re: 3-4 yrs of latham and crean in office Sure, I agree with that but the current gov't has been in power long enough to change all that.

Apart from being tough on free loaders from the very first term in office they soon caved in and the hand outs are still there and in larger proportions.

We live in a country where the worker and high income workers are amongst the highest taxed in the world.In fact, taxes have increased under Howard and not decreased.
    The GST has had a significant flow on affect accross the board and our cost of living has risen markedly.

For example, just compare what a night at a restaurante costs today as compared to pre gst.
    The Howard gov't with all its hype and rhetoric was up in arms about Keating stamping out no "free lunches" and the fringe benefits tax or don't you remember?

Well, we have got them all under Howard even to the extent that under this new "Nazi" tax system we are expected to not only keep log books for FBT purposes on company cars but now, we are expected to pay FBT on car parking??? what next???
    The very latest is that I MUST PAY FBT for myself (only) if I take my staff out for Xmas!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!! PENNY PINCHING LEACHES!!

I wonder how much FBT our politicians pay.....ZILCH!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.