FRM 4.76% 10.0¢ farm pride foods limited

The retailers should be ashamed of themselves. It is not only...

1. 808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    The retailers should be ashamed of themselves.

It is not only eggs and milk, they are playing with producers at all levels to the point where it sometimes becomes too hard.

These "wonderful" supermarkets we have all grown up with are screwing over our local producers. These producers pump all their available cash into capital to be able to produce more and produce to the "standards" of the supermarkets only then to be held to ransom. Their output is too big to find other markets to take their produce and their commitment is too big to try.

To then shore up their margins, the supermarkets import cheap goods to directly compete with the locals. Five years ago, I would go to the local WOW once a fortnight to buy "local" (ie Australian) items that were not available at the local "superette" or markets. One by one these items started to disappear from their shelves and in their place were cheap nasty chemical filled imported substitutes. It only took five years (!)and I now go there once every few months to buy the dog a couple of sausages which are in the fridge in case I run out of fresh meat.

Their consumers are not so poor that an extra 40c per week will make a difference. Yet it makes a lot of difference to the producer. And their share price.

Maybe they are angling for imported powdered milk and powdered eggs to fill the shelves instead. Makes sense given they both will have much longer shelve lives......

Boycott the supermarkets. It will only take a couple of days to get noticed.

fwiw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $14.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 10.0¢ $68 680

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1736 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 167026 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FRM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.