LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

Comment a little outside the Lynas orbit, perhaps for the...

1. 19,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4974
    Comment a little outside the Lynas orbit, perhaps for the moment, but the Germans were keen to emulate the Japanese/JARE arrangement with Lynas whereas they subsidised CapEx (just as Chinese State has done with their SOE REO producers) but kept Lynas nose to grindstone re OpEx, CoP, to ensure sustainability.

As above, Germans were keen to copy, until they realised just how badly they'd squandered the time needed to build out the middle supply chain, basically metals > mags, and have now retreated with their ambitions, from what I've heard anyway.

Very perceptive I was referring to emerging producer, Germans were taking the lead role of three sovereigns contributing to a financing package from a common platform sharing security but have stepped back, this should be apparent 4/6 weeks with the first RE hopeful to nail both offtakes & finance since Lynas 2009.

Germans planning to manufacture 1.4m ID.3 PMM by 2025, 900k in china & 500k inside Germany, now ALL the NdFeB for those motors will come from China job security for 25% German auto workers ain't looking so great:

"A recent study by the ifo Institute (Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich e.V.) commissioned by the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) envisages the loss of 215,000 jobs in the German auto industry by 2030. The study titled “Effects of the increased production of electric powered autos on employment in Germany” was published at the beginning of May.

According to the study, the transformation to electric motors will cost at least 178,000 jobs in the production sectors directly or indirectly dependent on the internal combustion engine during the next four years."

Who cares?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.