WDS 0.35% $28.94 woodside energy group ltd

Having lived in Shanghai and Beijing for much of the past decade...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Having lived in Shanghai and Beijing for much of the past decade I've seen a lot of EVs. They're a status symbol for the rich rather than a necessity. Also, to get a numberplate (without which it's impossible to drive on the roads) requires entering a monthly lottery -- which is extremely difficult to win. People wait for years. There's a different type of numberplate for EVs which is easier to obtain and helps bypass the normal system for traditional ICE vehicles.

In Beijing the new busses are EVs. They're almost silent, and incredibly fast for their weight.

There are world-class subway stations everywhere, bus stations, taxis, shared bicycles unlocked with QR codes, and Didi (Über) cars on demand. Yet the vast majority of vehicles are petrol-driven. Having an apartment, good job/career prospects, money, and car are pretty much pre-requisites in China for marriage. Everyone wants one, although life there is much simpler, cheaper and more convenient without one. With the Didi app on your phone, you've pretty much got a personal chauffeur in your pocket. And they all run on petrol.

I read read recently that their tech company, Baidu has permission to operate driverless EVs at next year's Winter Games.

I'm not concerned. We're a couple of decades away from any type of threat to oil. And our geographic location close to Asia and low-cost production are big advantages. Block out the noise and ignore the daily and weekly share price fluctuations. I'm very confident of a $30+ share price. Not confident at all on when it will occur!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.94
Change
0.100(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $54.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.20 $29.26 $28.86 $116.3M 4.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16692 $28.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.94 2904 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.