STX 0.00% 23.0¢ strike energy limited

Hi HardcashOnly 24% of Australian electricity is generated by...

1. 912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    Hi Hardcash

Only 24% of Australian electricity is generated by Natural gas. I have read its as low as 19% however I will utilise the higher number for this exercise. I personally don't see renewable electricity generation as the end of gas.

Ironically its Western Australia who consumes the most gas of any state, which I was surprised to read, Mining and manufacturing are huge users. The issue with manufacturing and mining is there is no competitive alternative to gas, other than coal and diesel and no one is going in that direction. In fact as demonstrated be Min and Hancock they are transitioning towards gas. Electricity does not cut it as a competitive heat generation source for manufacturing and mining product conversion. That is the conundrum no one talks about and we have no global solution to it either at this point.

Interestingly, of all gas extracted annually in Australia 71% is exported. (what if we get that domgas approval)
    Global gas demand is increasing by 1.6% down from 2.4% annually yet still rising and is forecast to increase for years to come. Even flat line is ok.. I agree there is a renewable transition however it will be decades and an alternative cheap fuel source that replaces gas IMO. The most logical is hydrogen, yet currently hydrogen is not commercially viable. I have been investing in gas for these very reasons and will continue to do so until its clear the alternative fuel source becomes available. To your point we should keep an eye on it however its along way off IMO. GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $658.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.3¢ 22.5¢ $1.247M 5.442M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 96643 22.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 463740 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 22.5¢ 1287300
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.