STX 2.33% 22.0¢ strike energy limited

Support for domgas review, page-90

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    You can't rule it out for sure.

politically, I'd say there are many reasons it would neither be considered let alone accepted.

1. Waitsia and stokes exemption was during COVID, when corporate theft on a global scale was par for the course. All manner of dubious procurement was signed off, under the false flags of 'keeping us safe' and 'keeping the fires of the economy stoked' (as it were). This opportunity no longer exists.

2. Cook is no McGowan, and the supreme position MM had no longer prevails for RC. I suspect they are more than safe for another term, but decisions such as DomGas are not overnight sugar fixes, they'll have ramifications for years. So they'll want to get this right, or they'll have a rocky next term and then be out.

3. If this decision were made, it would make WA ALP vulnerable to howls of protest about crony capitalism, big end of town, fascism...all manner of mudsling. Politically I can't see how the juice is worth the squeeze...MM might benefit sure, but he's no longer the puppeteer.

Sure it's likely there are some large entities having a play around here, but I'm not as fixed as many in this place that CE and MIN are manipulating with the short to mid term view of getting STX on the cheap. STX is priced where it should be. If they want to rectify the SP (and I hope management is more concerned with production, construction and exploration), the immovable object is cashflow. NPAT. EBIT. Pick your preference. Whether Walyering production is being throttled intentionally...quite possibly. It may be commercially astute to do so. But ultimately the broader market wants to see revenues.

another reason I don't see a MIN bid in the short term....is because they'd likely go a scrip bid, and with their SP being in the toilet, with further potential downside....i don't think MIN have that luxury at present. Interestingly, this would explain why MIN would be happier to see a domgas policy review later....their fortunes are spread across numerous commodities, whereas STX would like to see a call made yesterday
    Last edited by Foibles: 22/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $630.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.3¢ $1.136M 5.196M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 560988 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 779386 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.