BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

support for placement tranche 2

1. 72 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Hi Folks,

My 10c worth.

I have held since 2007 and have contributed each time BLT has come back to shareholders to raise funds, so I am totally on board.

My understanding is that Benitec would only have had funds to see out the year if the placement was not made. Also I think there is a rule that companies can only do 1 x SPP in any 12 months period.

Bottom line......for management to raise $31m from grade A, international institutions in an environment of a rising shareprice gives us guarantees to progress all programs and in my view holders the best chance for maximising product/company value.

The pattern over the last few years is enourmous amounts of management energy to do roadshows after roadshow to keep the company funded. My view is that this sucks up too much management time away from the team's focus on program and company development activities. Add to that the placement was timed around an increasing share price, rather than previous spiraling down share price, I can only see positive.

The pressure is now off and BLT management can implement their medium term strategy. It has had the effect of giving us share price stability, which I think would only have came about due to the placement. Had it not occurred we'd probably still be sub $1.00.

In short, the overall placement will get my support/votes as do the current management team. Good job PF et al.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.