SMN 5.26% 40.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Very good post, R-7, most commendable. This is the essential...

1. 34,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 890
    Very good post, R-7, most commendable. This is the essential issue affecting the company IMHO. Whether the technology can be accepted within a regulatory environment that might be quite difficult for a small company such as SMN to navigate for technology such as CVM which needs to be proven.

The regulators in this industry usually place the burden of proof on the airline carrier (in air accidents i.e. all DC10s grounded, 767s of a fleet even when eventually human error was involved i.e. Colgan Air, Air France), defense agency (in Defense Department inquiries not in public view) or cruise operators (i.e. Costa Concordia initially similar fleet craft grounded even tho it was later found to be human error) to substantiate every part of the ship or craft was working effectively.

SMN's acceptable of CVM has a way to go IMHO. Does not mean SMN is not a buy, in fact SMN IMHO is starting to look like a bargain if it continues its recent fall. Just means a need to be cautious as regulators could stilt or delay its progress given the technology's application to two of the most regulated industries in the world (admittedly industries ex defense and aerospace are regulated such as banking, insurance and foodstuffs but not necessarily with the same zero tolerance for health and safety risk) IMHO but pls DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.020(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $54.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $86.35K 219.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 60000 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 2559 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.