I got a good story on getting some fine grades of tobacco from...

1. 1,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 262
    I got a good story on getting some fine grades of tobacco from Lombok when I was setting a factory up in Bali. Was heading over there for surf trips in the weekends and driving to Kuta-Lombok via the Car ferry in north Bali. So was loading up the car from the markets with a good size duffle bag..

At that stage using the Muslim construction workers so would dish it out at the end of the month as bonus. Then after we got things settled, the property was out towards Buket and I was the last house at the end of the street and not much else around me apart from a Java migrant compound. So I would use the Headman to organize labor for me when I needed it and sling him big bags of tobacco.. Nearly three years and never had a problem and slept well at night (mind you had a good size dog that hated anyone that was not introduced to him).

Anyway, after I left a American guy and his wife took over the place, and within 6 months they had a home invasion with knifes to the throat in the middle of the night. ( thank goodness not hurt and only small change taken). Maybe he should have been slinging those bags of Tobacco over the fence..

Now as in China and head to Philippines often for R&R, I grab the Philo's cigars and hand them out for Guanxi to the Chinese. Work's nicely and know the ones to buy now as they have some fine cigar leaf blends going.

Note: Non-smoker and make sure that I have as much as I possible can "smoke free zones" around me here in China.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.