C7A 0.00% 1.3¢ clara resources australia ltd

Surat's SP party, page-182

1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    I wonder if there's a company in the USA looking to invest in a tin mine? With ANW staking claim to the world’s fifth largest undeveloped tin reserve at Taronga and being located in a western country with strong relations to the USA surely there are eyes on us?

Below is from an article back in 2014.

"Tin (Sn) this prosaic metal has caused a flurry amongst the minerals trading crowd in recent years as it has gone from pariah to the most-sought-after status. Long associated with the humble tin can it has come into its own with the switch into the metal away from lead solders. This has happened as alluvial production from places like Malaysia and Indonesia has been in gradual decline. Three events promise to deepen the supply decline. Firstly the Indonesians are choking off exports on unelaborated ore wanting to keep the value added onshore, secondly the massive mine owned by Minsur in Peru is entering its last years of production, while in China the over-exploitation of reserves promises lower production at weakening grades. As we noted in our recent discussion here tin is one of the swathe of other metals of which the US has NO stockpile, in fact no Western Hemisphere supply source. It was interesting recently to read that when the Second World War started that the US had no tin production and the only deposits it had in Alaska were inadequate for its needs, so it was dependent on Bolivia. We might note that relations with Bolivia these days are not as rosy as they were in 1942 and that the South American nation is barely a shadow now of what it was in the tin production stakes back then. Some stats…Tin has not been mined or smelted in the United States since 1993 and 1989, respectively. Twenty-five firms used about 90% of the primary tin consumed domestically in 2012. The major uses were: cans and containers, 23%; construction, 18%; transportation, 17%; electrical, 12%; and other, 30%. In 2012, primary metal consumed was worth $1.02 billion; imports for consumption/refined tin amounted to $1.38 billion; and secondary production (recycling old scrap) was $381 million.The US’s source of imports (2008–11) were Peru, 47%; Bolivia, 17%; Indonesia, 11%; China, 3%; and others, 22%. North American industry is now totally dependent upon distant, declining and unreliable sources."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add C7A (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.602M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $1.474K 113.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 112101 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 55114 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.24pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
C7A (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.