IMM 1.67% 29.5¢ immutep limited

Hi ymv4294 - you asked:"There are definite differences in ethics...

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Hi ymv4294 - you asked:

"There are definite differences in ethics forms, but do you think my point about denying life saving treatment is valid? I am presuming that to be true, if you know differently I would be interested to know."

No I dont think your point about life saving treatment is valid - and again this gets back to the point that drug trials are a whole different kettle of fish.

1000's of people are denied life saving treatments everyday. Its called being poor and living in a third world country. It is for both the ethical problem you raise as well as costs (patient compensation) that probably the majority of high stakes new drugs are developed in the third world.

The ethics of this? Well subjects were not going to receive anything - so the new drug gives them a chance. Often trials can have the "gold standard" west treatment as an arm - and allocation ratios of say 2 to 1 to reflect ethical concerns. Life changing payments can be made to subjects to ensure that regardless of the treatment outcomes they (or their families) are much better off than if they hadn't taken part in the trial.

All the best Southoz.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 31.3¢ 29.3¢ $1.323M 4.421M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 111754 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 61590 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.