Nope. Profanity edited out. Emphasis added to a rather non...

1. 23,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8

Nope. Profanity edited out. Emphasis added to a rather non bipartisan vow.

"Mitch McConnell Vows to Block Biden’s Entire Agenda Just to Be a Dick

The Senator from Kentucky is “100%” focused on obstructing anything that might actually help Americans

Something you’ve probably picked up on by now is that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell literally cares about nothing but amassing and maintaining power. Whereas even some of the worst people in Washington typically have something they care about beyond power for power’s sake, or a set of beliefs to guide them, the Kentucky lawmaker truly has none.

“Give up,” someone who knows McConnell well told The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer last year when she set out to find “the larger principles or sense of purpose that animates” the senator. “You can look and look for something more in him, but it isn’t there. I wish I could tell you that there is some secret thing that he really believes in, but he doesn’t.”

Perhaps to remind people that, despite being an elected official ostensibly sent to D.C. to work on behalf of the Americans who pay his salary, he doesn’t give a f*** about anything but his own interests, McConnell on Wednesday told reporters that while he could spend his time helping to end the pandemic, or aiding the economic recovery, or stopping mass shootings, he’s actually got something else in mind: blocking Joe Biden’s entire agenda.

One hundred percent of my focus is standing up to this administration,” the Kentucky Republican said at a press conference in his state in response to questions about fighting among House Republicans. “What we have in the United States Senate is total unity from Susan Collins to Ted Cruz in opposition to what the new Biden administration is trying to do to this country,” he said, referring to his colleagues from Maine and Texas. What sort of things has Biden proposed that McConnell is dead set on opposing? In a word, everything.
    "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/05/mitch-mcconnell-joe-biden-obstruction

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.