CRK 0.00% 26.5¢ carrick gold limited

loki i tend to agree. in this environment i think most of the...

1. 1,081 Posts.
    loki i tend to agree. in this environment i think most of the big money goes into producers who have strong cashflow. they are the solid perfomers who can promise a return when gold is on the move (not to say that explorers get zero attention).

once the producers start getting saturated and PE ratios start looking less attractive there may be more of a shift towards undervalued potential producers or those with significant resource deposits (carrick may satisfy both).

i think it's just a case of money looking for the path of least resistance to maximise the return in the shortest amount of time, and then it looks elsewhere for value once producer equities are topped out.

the added bonus is that the big producers will be looking to explore or aquire to stay viable, and if CRK offer 5-10yr minelife that's gotta be attractive imo. i could be wrong but i don't think there is that much gold left to mine, and if it ever reaches some of the larger estimates of $3k forecast by various pundits, even the lower grade stuff might be worth digging up a bit like the oil sands scenario.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.