Surging Money Rates for Aust Banks, page-13

1. Osi
    16,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Hi there Dolsevita

How Governments attempt to control asset backed tokens and other coins remains a huge question. I assume that most will but they don't all sing for the same song book.

Governments will IMHO be one of the largest users of distributed blockchain ledgers because the approach will save them time and money. Consider what will happen in the land titles office. My house could be represented as a token there and I could sell it to you if you fulfil my request to deposit fiat currency and or other coins and tokens in my electronic wallet. Under a "controlled" ststem a record of the completed transaction would spit out at the relevant land titles office but, and its a big but, this transaction would only be allowed to progress if the conditions of both the seller (for the payment ) and Land Titles (taxes and whatever else) are satisfied. This oversighted peer to peer transaction could be finalised in maybe 20 minutes or less.

I'm only just starting to get my head around some of this and there is a long, long way for me to go before I can say much more.

I look at coins as a future medium of exchange rather than as a speculative instrument. A coin should be backed by something of value IMHO.

I'm a long way from the thread heading now. The US will I guess devalue its currency in due course and leave the creditor countries squawking foul play. The lesson about being owed money by a bankrupt maybe apt. So how safe is out cash? Fiat cash is presumably backed by the productivity of a nation ........ BUT if we add national debts into the equation ...... some speculative coins look a little less speculative. The current batch of coins maybe junk but so are many fiats.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.