SLX 3.87% $4.72 silex systems limited

Surprise Surprise!, page-5

1. 154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I recently came across TerraPower and discovered they have invented a reactor that will "eventually eliminate the need for enrichment facilities and and reprocessing plants". As is stated on their proposed Travelling Wave Reactor Design. Given GEH just signed a Public Private Partnership (PPP) with TerraPower to develop one of these reactors or a variation of it (VTR they call it), they might be referring to this technology? TerraPower is backed by Bill Gates and has a phenomenal team so I think they are somewhat of a dark horse in this story.

The link to the PPP is: https://www.terrapower.com/ge-hitachi-nuclear-energy-and-terrapower-announce-collaboration-to-support-versatile-test-reactor-program/

TerraPower's website: https://www.terrapower.com

I understand a lot of their proposed designs are still in a testing phase, but I am yet to look into this further in regards to how it ultimately affects Silex if they can successfully design a reactor that doesn't require any form of reprocessing prior to being used in the reactor. TerraPower states that the reactor utilises fuel made from depleted uranium, allowing it to gradually convert the fuel through a nuclear reaction without removing it from the reactor’s core. For anyone unfamiliar with the company, as was I until recently, I think it's an interesting proposal and easier to stomach politically regarding the nature of reprocessing; especially when it's backed by people in high places with a lot of political capital.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.72
Change
-0.190(3.87%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.90 $4.90 $4.70 $2.180M 457.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5484 $4.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.72 4224 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.