KEN 0.00% 1.3¢ kuth energy limited

Andrix,I've been fairly apathetic about alternative energy...

1. 3,413 Posts.
    Andrix,

I've been fairly apathetic about alternative energy development and use and its role both here in Australia and overseas however since having bringing children into the world my view has changed significantly.

More importantly though the position of both the developed and developing countries has also changed (rather rapidly) regardless of whether it be for the good of & future of the planet or for other reasons, it's changing.

Looking at what renewable energy sources are going to be suitable both from a base load perspective and user-friendly (low risk/low impact) perspective, geothermal is IMO streaks ahead. People just haven't realised it yet that's all.

The terrible crisis in Japan has effectively ruled out nuclear energy as an alternative for some countries but not all and of course continuing along the path of burning fossil fuels is not an option in the long term, so where does that leave us? Well according to George Friedman in his book; "The Next 100 Years" an alternative energy source will be space-based.

For me I see geothermal as being a genuine opportunity to make positive change for the long term future of our planet and hence the future of our children and theirs too. We really need our leaders to show some strength and comit to a future that's more than four years away!

A comparison is a solution to the present lack of water here in Perth, WA. Yes there is a massive aquifer beneath the south-west (Yarigidee) that could be used with little impact according to Jorg Imberg @ UWA but imagine if the Government of the day had made the decision to run a pipe from the Kimberley to the south of the state.

The cost of doing so now makes it very expensive however if a decision had been made when Ernie Bridge first proposed it we'd be in a very different place now. The same may well be said about geothermal energy?

IMO it's an exciting future regardless.

WC8

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.