IMU 3.53% 8.2¢ imugene limited

Hi there,4 months ago I lost my mum to pancreatic cancer and...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    Hi there,
    4 months ago I lost my mum to pancreatic cancer and know the painful journey of following a loved one fade away with this horrific disease, so like many of you, I'm also passionate about what IMU are doing in trying to find a cure. In my mind anything that will help the scientific community closer to the goal of reducing the burden of this cancer is a move in the right direction.
    I am really writing this to the Science Guru's out there in this forum, who might take this info further to the correct people within IMU, unfortunately I am NOT a science Guru, also my writing skills limit me to convey the bare bones of the science within this presentation in the below link.
    I watched the following you-tube video yesterday talking about a study of cancer patients on immunotherapy treatments that had outstanding results with some patients while others others do not do well at all.
    Their analysis of the strategic importance of these other elements such as the gut microbiome and its role in the immune response and effectiveness of immunotherapy treatments is something I wonder about.
    1/Does Leslie and her team take these things into account when they administer their treatment?
    2/ Would taking the time to check these other elements as part of a treatment program affect the complete randomness of their trial and make them null and void??
    I don't have the writing skills to put what is in this 10min section of the video to Leslie and her team of scientist to examine whether this research would help to improve the promising results that IMU are already getting.
    For me finding what really works is what the world is looking for, even if it incorporates all known remedies.

Here is the you tube link:
    https://youtu.be/UVKKopYhzGY?t=1324
    Watch from 22min to 33min for the gist of their findings.

My understanding of the key points is this:

Point 1 Chemo destroys gut health and the immune response
    Point 2 Antibiotics disrupt the microbiome, which affects gut health and the immune response
    Point 3 A certain bacteria (Akkermansia) within the gut microbiome plays a key role in supporting the immune response to immunotherapy treatments, this bacteria is eliminated from the gut following antibiotic treatments, but can be re-established in the gut by specific diet modifications.

Cheers
    Sparky
    P.S I didn't know what thread to post this under and didn't want to start another.(IMU's Science) would have been good but I couldn't find one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $600.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ $1.246M 14.84M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 446526 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 535664 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.2¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 2.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.6¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ 4518456
Last updated 15.57pm 03/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.