susilo bambang lashes out at abbotts stupidity, page-14

1. 17,307 Posts.
    I dont think that the issue is so much general spying as both countries will do that as a matter of course to verify much of the dialog between governments and to monitor subversive elements in both countries that threaten the interests of both countries...

A such, much of the "spying" is generally more a matter of tacit cooperation and allowing a degree of open book for verification in areas of mutual interest...

What seems to be the issue here is more that the failed and incompetent Rudd/Gillard/Rudd clown regime oversaw direct monitoring and possible interception of the Indonesian Presidents handphone, and from one report I saw, possibly even his wife's handphone...

This would seem to be an extraordinary intrusion on the privacy of the leader of a friendly neighboring country under the incompetent Rudd/Gillard/Rudd clown circus and it is necessary for both local and international consumption for the Indonesians to show they are highly offended by this outrage and demand suitable actions as apology...

Personally I would imagine that Rudd and Gillard should face the full weight of Indonesian law for approving of and overseeing such an outrage, but I would guess that Tony Abbott feels obliged to protect them and as such will have his hands tied and will probably try to weather the public storm and make some private apologies and ammends to the Indonesian President...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.