SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

suspended, page-11

1. 3,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Trading Halts

Other factors affecting orders Basis of quotation
    Takeovers and Schemes
    Trading Halts

Trading halts are periods during which no trading takes place for a security however, you may place orders during this time.

Market sensitive announcements

ASX may temporarily place a trading halt on a security following a company announcement. This occurs whenever the announcement contains market sensitive information that is considered likely to affect the price of a security. The trading halt applies to all securities on issue for the company, including warrants, preference shares, company options etc.

In most cases, the trading halt lasts for 10 minutes. During this time, new orders may be entered and existing orders may be amended or cancelled.

The announcement is broadcast via ASX Trade in both short form and the full document. The full announcement is also available from ASX in electronic form and through information vendors that provide this service.

Company requested halts
    my bad
    A company may request a trading halt in its own securities, e.g. if the company is negotiating a takeover.

If ASX agrees to the trading halt, trading ceases until either ASX lifts the trading halt, or the start of normal trading on the second trading day after the trading halt is imposed, i.e. up to 48 hours later.

During this time, new orders may be entered and existing orders may be amended or cancelled. Trades may not take place.

Trading halts benefit both investors and the company involved and ASX encourages companies to request a trading halt whenever the company feels it is appropriate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.