NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

suspension announcement

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Had my last post moderated because of "unsubstantiated information".

I just read the announcement as it is -"Outcome of Joint Venture negotiations". This is just consistent with his talk of "JV talks are advanced" and "JV talks imminent" and "JV next week" etc prior to suspension. I have been bluntly questioning Canary Pete since June 2011 and the JV has always been mentioned as "on its way". Even as a skeptic, but if I am going neutral I would say that there is a 95% chance that the news this time is positive.

If the Joint Venture partner has walked away then I don't think a halt or suspension would be warranted. I bet you that Pete Landau and Co. would just allow things to trade along and NKP share price would most likely be sub 20c again. I had my doubts about a real JV when the share price drifted to below 15cents and thought that "here we go again ... just hot air from management".

On the farm swap ... this is not a Joint Venture "Outcome". This may accompany a Joint Venture but I see quite little chance that the announcement will just be a farm swap alone.

The way I see it this trading halt was probably called upon by the other party. The reason that its probably lasted this long is that there is probably some sort of cash payment to be made and NKP may want to have this in hand before ending suspension. I remember that there was rumor about a cash payment back in July/August.

If the announcement is another "JV progressing well" then I bet you that a suspension will not even occur. NKP was shouting this line from June-October 2011 and never did it once suspend or halt the stock because of this.

I can see that many shareholders are annoyed because of the NKP management history of time frames and last year's suspension as being the main negative. However let me also point out that even during the suspension from December 2010 to April 2011 NKP did say that it was due to a "Legal Claim".

If the news did come out this time as "another court case" I can see that some shareholders will have ammunition for a "court case" against NKP management for misleading information especially when they did say "Outcome of Joint Venture Negotiations" as their reason for suspension.

Lets cut to the chase. If I had a choice I would rather be in the "Position Held" rather than "No Position". I unfortunately sold my remaining units on the 7th November which was just before the trading halt. Although I did make money on the rise from 14.5cents to 28cents but I would rather be holding all the 400,000+ units that I once had than a zero position today. Compensation is that I did make a nice quick $30k in just over a week.

Good Luck to all that hold the shares.

All are just my opinion ... welcome others input.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.