CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Suspension continues !, page-554

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    That's really funny GFM. They've paid off two thirds of the debt in less than two years! And as ozblue says, their net debt is only $83m.

Plus, in positive, dynamic moves to establish themselves as a global mining house they've spent over $30m investing in other projects in the last two years, not by the management time consuming and expensive road of a Hong Kong listing, but by simply writing a check on their loan account, the net amount of which would thus be only around $53m. And they are still on target to repay the remainder of the loan by 31st December this year.

Being debt free within ten months qualifies as "almost paid off" in my book. And only 156m shares on issue. That's sound capital management in my view.

Contrast that performance with CDU's capital management, the mainstay of which seems to have been share buybacks ("capital management" is the reason for the buybacks on the forms) and "down to the wire" negotiations. And no debt or further dilution, of course. Whoops! Let's hope that the wire isn't a trip wire this time around, because it is certainly taking a long time to get "down to the wire".
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.