AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I highly doubt it's got...

1. 2,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I highly doubt it's got anything to do with a joint venture. I don't think that a company would consider joint venturing in the unexplored regions of the eagleford until some productivity has been proven.

I hold EKA (amongst other eagleford stocks) who has acreage in the burleson/washington counties, and if you knew about the eagleford then you would realise that these areas are very much unexplored. Clayton Williams have had a couple of decent exploration wells produce in the Burleson county, which is definitely a good sign, but there is no saying that production will be economic in this area at this stage.

It's hard to evaluate until a few proper wells have been developed, as I believe the Clayton Williams wells were exploratory wells and not as complete as what these wells may have been if they were aiming for the best performance. I do think that there was some cost saving involved, as a properly developed well might have cost them twice as much.

Go South-west 200km (from Burleson) and you'll find companies producing fantastic results in the sweet spot of the Eagleford Shale, however very few wells have been drilled properly (and recently) in the North Easterly regions of the Eagleford.

I Hope I'm wrong, as that will only be good news to the stock I hold, however the chances of a joint venture being arranged before seismic analysis AND proof of production has occurred are incredibly slim.

Keep an eye out for GeoResources East Flatonia 1H and East Flatonia 2H wells, which are in the Fayette region. Sure the Fayette acreage is a whole lot closer to the proven Eagleford areas than the Burleson is, but good results here will definitely de-risk AKK's acreage at least partially. Also EKA has a working interest in the Blackjack Springs Unit 1H well which has already begun drilling in the Fayette. Those results would definitely be of interest to AKK holders. Positive results in the Fayette definitely does not prove that the Burleson eagleford acreage will be productive, but like I said before, it definitely derisks it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.