VET 0.00% 12.0¢ vocation limited

Suspension Maybe Good

1. 7,384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1085
    The suspension on VET might actually be a good thing.

It gives management time to
    (a) develop a plan
    (b) do a capital raise if necessary (at a higher price than would be otherwise, if they released information but had no plan of action and then tried to later do a capital raising, for example if the price dropped to 13c the dilution would be much higher (even though its going to be massively dilutionary anyway)
    (c) sound out their significant shareholders about a capital raising, easier when there is a market holt)
    (d) gives time to seek auditors advice and get auditors to write off on any asset writedown (auditors are about to start the half year financials, this will take a few weeks for the half year review).

From memory TPI was suspended for several months during the GFC and the outcome was actually good for shareholders.

From the shareholders perspective I am happy:
    Either this is going to blow up or it isn't.
    If it is I have lost money.

But at least I can make an informed decision, without all the gossip mongering that occurs during periods like this.
    That gossip leads to fear, that fear pushes down the price, the pushing down of the price adds to more fear and gives 'realisation' to the gossip (it must be true look at the dropping share price).

Its also hard to make an informed decision, when one is trying to analyse the effects of a market release statement, and also has one eye on the share price trading movements.

To me this is the first good decision they have done, in regards to shareholder responsibility.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VET (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.