NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Zijin is currently offering Genorah about 13c per share for 145m...

1. 1,627 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Zijin is currently offering Genorah about 13c per share for 145m NKP shares.

I believe that this price was achieved because Zijin was also refinancing the AMED loan as a sweetner.

Genorah still have about 200m NKP shares and 100m NKPO. I am pretty confident that Genorah should get reasonably higher than 13c per share equivalent for these remaining lots or they would have sold all their NKP shares in one go. If Genorah can get say 15-20c (lets take 17.5c as mid point) I do see minorities achieving 20-25c+.

If Zijin does go the takeover path (and this is highly speculative) the question is how fast can they move, or how fast will they move. I know the Anglo/ARM issue and mining license notarisation are still 2 aspects to be achieved. The resolution of Tubatse with Bengwenyama should not be a huge issue since the mining rights will be on Geratau. At the moment its only Geratau that is on the development plate. Zijin will most likely give Tubatse a zero valuation.

Some people may not be happy with 25-30c range depending on their entry price and the amount of time that they have held the stock.

Huashan Capital likely took up NKPO instead of a cash fee is because they know that the absolute minimum is 3c per option (taking the 13c offer for 145m NKP shares). If the remainder of the Genorah NKP and options are done at say 17.5c and 7.5c then Huashan strategy of taking scrip has already paid off handsomely. Huashan Capital may see a 10-15c+ for the NKPO in the next 6-12 months?

Nothing is guaranteed and there is a long way to go but seems to me that once the Anglo/ARM resolution is done, mining license notarisation, Zijin converting the full $20m bond into equity and complete their purchase of the 145m NKP shares from Genorah, the re-rate in a positive direction may finally come for NKP.

Pete11, if you and our friends have say 50m NKP shares you can probably try to contact Hushan Capital and they may give you your 14c per share. They may not pay you an outright 14c immediately but maybe in instalments basing on an agreed timeframe? If you want your 14c now and don't have a sufficient quantity then these guys would most likely turn you away as they can buy it on market. If you (or a group of people) have a strategic stake (8-15%) I believe potential buyers like Huashan Capital or even Zijin may offer you an off-market transaction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.