CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Suspension, page-92

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Tony, I didn't make myself clear. It isn't whether the company is able to secure additional funding, it is whether the company wants to secure additional funding. That's why I don't know what they will do.

The company is the shareholders and at present three major shareholders are acting as one and are calling the shots. Perhaps your friend should have been reading hotcopper for the last four years or so and got worried when some here were predicting this very outcome and they could have sold for $4, rather than reading it and panicking when they can't sell it at all. Or even only a week ago, when they could still have sold. Plenty of discussion about what the Party could do while it was trading - except not in the company announcements .....

Why do you think it will be a long wait? I think these guys are decisive individuals and have got plenty of other things that they need to attend to apart from CuDeco. They'll do a quick and dirty assessment of the situation, decide and implement. IMO if they continue there'll be a pile more redundancies of geos and other staff as there won't be any exploration for the foreseeable future, with 114 staff and no production there has to be some dead wood there still; otherwise they could put the whole project on hold for a year or so until they can see which way the copper market is going. Or push it into receivership. They've lost ~ $170m between them at the last traded price, I think they'll be careful before throwing any more money at the project without some surety of returns.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.