SVL 2.94% 16.5¢ silver mines limited

SVLR explained

1. 1,044 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Recently you will have noticed SVLR appear in your trading account. SVLR represents the RIGHTS that will later enable you to buy new shares. As an SVL share holder you have the RIGHT to buy 4 new shares for each 1 you own. You will notice your account has 4 times as many SVLR RIGHTS as you own SVL shares. So you can decide to do 3 things with these rights:
    1) Do nothing, as a result you will still own the same amount of SVL shares but you % of total shares will be diluted.

2) Take up the offer and buy all or part of the new shares on offer. You simply do this by making a payment via one of the payment options when you receive the letter in the mail. NOT BY BUYING SVLR in your trading account. If you take up the offer in full you own the same % in the company as you did before and do not get diluted.

3) Sell your RIGHTS to others on the ASX under the SVLR code. Yes, SVLR RIGHTS can be traded until Sept 28th. This is what has created the majority of confusion lately. Yes, you can sell your RIGHTS and make money, by doing so you are not selling SHARES as such just giving up your RIGHT to by shares to someone else so they can buy shares. Selling your RIGHTS for $$$ sounds easy but you will notice there are no bid offers in SVLR. Anyone, even non share holders can buy SVLR RIGHTS off you. But remember they are only buying the RIGHT off you, they will then have to BUY the shares too like everyone else for $0.001.

Once the rights issue is all settled you will notice your new SVL shares and SVLO appear in your account. This will represent the 2 options you now own for each 4 new shares you purchased. I'm happy to explain how options work but I'll leave that til a later date as this is probably enough to digest for your friday evening.

Cheers
    Nug

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $248.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.8¢ 16.0¢ $1.002M 6.209M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 239975 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 818558 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.