Mogga - the Swedes weren't too nice during the 100-years war in...

1. 17,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Mogga - the Swedes weren't too nice during the 100-years war in Middle Europe either; they were absolutely terrible taking the country-side village by village, forcing whoever they thought was hiding treasure to drink manure or drown them in it - everybody had that stuff on-hand, because no plumbing and useful for the fields. They weren't regular warring actions, they were individual acts of greed and cruelty, committed by individual soldiers visiting terror upon the lands they had taken.

I remember a children's rhyme which goes 'Bet, Kindl bet, morgen kommt der Schwed, Dein Vater ist im Pommerland und Pommerland is abgebrannt - bet, Kindl bet. - = pray, child, pray, tomorrow the Swede is coming, your Daddy is in Pommerania, but Pommerania is burnt to the ground - pray, child pray.

I have Swedish friends - different people altogether - as we all are nowadays, leaving the killing to the impersonality of technology.

The Muslim 'invasion' is vastly exaggerated; for one, they come needing our help - they come, because they have been invited, once here, they do need our supportive structures, so it would only be logical they do not 'kill their host', but rather support those structures, which also support them. The majority of migrants understand that and act accordingly. Many are male because the male of the specise is more mobile and 'adventurous' - that they are mostly young and virile is an added burden on the communities they land in, but possibly a little bit of DNA mixing is in nature's plan? Has always happened, particularly during war times and when has there not been a war on this planet? Their youth is also a good thing - hopefully they will eventually be absorbed into the economy and pay for their hosts' pensioners with their taxes.

Re: Hopes and desires of asylum seekers/migrants;

I believe many are disappointed because of the human tendency to tell fairy-tales 'back home'

"- how wonderful it is in ...... (insert any Western country) - the government give you money on arrival, gives you a house/flat to live in and supports you forever.

So they keep wanting to come - a bit like the cargo cult stuff in Papua New Guinea not too long ago ........ Humans are prone to this sort of stuff, particularly when they are in desperate circumstances. I guess the bad news that the streets in the West are not paved with gold, is trickling through by now.

(I am not desperate, yet I buy a lottery ticket every week - it gives me a chance to visualise a different life - I pay for a dream and I am totally aware of that, yet I pay my dues week after week. Very different, I know, but also on the 'hopefulness' spectrum.)

We need to stop getting involved in those wars in the Middle East - mea culpa in a real way for all of us. But I also know that our increasing reliance on debt - personal and government - will cause a huge crisis and the only remedy will be continued or even greater wars in order to keep our economies going.

We do need a real lightning and thunder God of Anger, possibly Enlightenment to gives us a collective shake.

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.