sweet drinks and gout... be very careful., page-21

1. 6,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    "OJ probably worse than the grapefruit juice from an acid point of view"

Orange juice and Pineapple on some complex chemistry level may make gout worse but they are not acid forming foods. They are both alkaline forming foods!

Gout is formed by eating excessive purine containing foods, it is not caused by a inbalance in blood ph levels. I bet that if those high purine foods were cut down to a healthy balanced level fructose wouldn't be a issue in regards to gout.

Gout should never be treated as a symptom but rather a result of general neglect of the body.

Eat only a few servings a week of organic meat from both cows and chickens. Red meat should be from grass fed cows and the chicken from free roaming chemically free naturally fed chooks. The rest of your "diet" should be mostly vegetables and fruits. Eat as much raw as possible. The superfoods are green leafy vegetables, avocados, sprouts, berries....the list goes on and on.

Eat moderate amounts of beans and legumes. Cut right down on grains including bread. Grains really knock your sugar levels around whether its wholemeal or heavily processed. Totally get rid of stimulates like tea and coffee. There should never be the need to kick start your body and mind 6 times a day!

The trick is to eat as much fresh unprocessed whole foods as possible. Your body will go back to its natural cravings once all the toxins are cleaned out. Foods like chips, coke, canned food are no longer appealing!

Exercise is extremely important and if you eat healthy its really not a chore but rather enjoyable because you have so much energy.

Being someone who has researched and practiced natural living most of my life I have accumulated a lot of books. One of the best books I have read to cover all aspects of healthy living and to implement it successfully is "You are what you eat" by Gillian Mckeith.

Regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.