BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Microbio 101 - to reiterate what has been said...

1. 13 Posts.
    Microbio 101 - to reiterate what has been said before.

Vaccinations basically give the body a heads up on a certain identifier (antibody) to look out for on the surface of a virus. If a virus with that antibody enters the body the body own amune system will destroy it. If a new strain of virus comes along that does not exhibit the antibody then the body takes longer to realise it it as harmful before it then trys to destroy it. viruses without that antibody will survive better and therefor will become more prevalient until a new vaccine is created for them (evolution).

Antivirals act to prevent the replication of the virus itself. Depending on the mechanism they use to prevent replication they are generally work on a wide variety viruses.

If i was a holder i'd be more worried that someone develops a more powerful antiviral.

The conspiricy-
    Whether swine flu was a scam or not is irrelevant. Drug companies make alot of money out of 'them' so we can be assured there will be another pandemic. Lets take the united states for example. There have been 0 deaths from swine flu this year and already 13,000 from the regular flu. Problem is people are not scared enough of the regular flu so drug companies need find a strain of the regular flu that has killed a few healthy people. Then identify an animal thet can act as a carrier,rename it, and hey presto we now have another lethal flu strain and a fantastic oppertunity to sell more vaccines and antivirals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.