BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

hanrahan: You are so correct in saying that the UN (and by...

1. 12,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 774
    hanrahan: You are so correct in saying that the UN (and by association the WHO) is one of the most corrupt organizations around.
    In this special case, the WHO is run by this Chinese lady from Hong Kong that was heavily critized here for messing up big time when SARS was around. So, of course she wants to err on the side of over-reaction rather than to cop flak yet again....
    I certainly do not wish that the world goes into a real pandemic. But as some other posters did point out: In the cases of Bird flu / Sars the real losers were the tourism industry and all related enterprises, i.e. the real economy got hit for a few cases (much less than die every year from Malaria, for instance) of unfortunate deaths. So, there was over-reaction at that time and it hurt a lot of people for sure. I did live through this crazy SARS period - at the height of it, tourism was virtually dead here in Hong Kong. How easy to forget....
    And that was during a time when the world economy was in far better shape than now.....~!!
    wasa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.