switkowski says climate change inevitable, page-22

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    billy, I shouldn't waste my time replying to someone who considers their own opinions meaningless, but someone has counter the misinformation you peddle.
    With regards to the rainfall in south western Australia, go to the BOM site and check out the graphs available for the rainfall recorded from 1900 to present. If we take the mid 70's as a starting point, the running 11 year average slightly increased through the 80's and 90's before beginning to decline again. This is no surprise as we have had severe drought years since then, but a weather event such as a drought can't be portrayed as climate change.
    Granted the graphs show that the first half of the 1900's was wetter than the second half, but that applies to Australia generally, so local conditions in the south west are not neccessarily a factor, and based on available information, the wetter period in the 1900's followed a dry period in the second half of the 1800's. An extract from a local newspaper published during the Federation drought noted that as dry as it was during that drought, it still wasn't as dry as the mid 1800's.
    I do agree with one thing though, the planning for most water storages in Australia was based on a wetter period rather than the normal as as such the authorities have been caught short, but do they say that. No, they blame climate change.
    As a matter of interest, the Murray River stopped running during the Federation drought before large amounts of water began to be drawn from it for irrigation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.