sword of wisdom, page-25

1. 3gb
    963 Posts.
    I am not a christian, I dont have any faith in God. I believe in God but that doesnt require an act of faith for me. I dont know what God is, I dont think it is relevant. The crucial thing is what he wants me to do or not do. I now believe I understand what he wants having gained this knowledge from experience and sources like the Bible. There is plenty of room for improvement but I think I am pointing in the right direction and that is a welcome change in my life. People like Solomon thought wisdom came from God, presumably the word of God, Gods spirit was a medium of communication. I dont think faith is enough to gain wisdom. I think avoiding sin, being humble (controlling the ego) and practises like prayer are required to develop the mind to be receptive to wisdom. This is why "fear God" is the beginning of wisdom, not "have faith in God is the beginning of wisdom". In my opinion few groups or religions are interested in fostering wisdom, but it was considered important in ancient Jewish culture and they believed it a source of defence from the evils of those days.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.