SXG 0.45% $2.20 southern cross gold ltd

The situation where Mawson owns 51% of Southern Cross is quite...

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    The situation where Mawson owns 51% of Southern Cross is quite unusual, especially if future results point towards Sunday Creek becoming a significant mine. I can't remember any other situation where a junior explorer on the TSX-V had controlling interest in a significant mine prospect owned by another company.

If drilling continues to be successful then it might bring an odd situation where any mining company that wants to buy Sunday Creek would need to buy both SXG and MAW. Meanwhile, Mawson is a company with really one driving asset being their shares in Southern Cross. Mawson shareholders probably won't want them to raise funds to work on their Finland prospects as the share value is dominated by SXG. Mawson shareholder might prefer them to raise funds to maintain 51% of SXG.

Wondering if we might see a spinoff reversal in the future where Southern Cross and Mawson become one company again. I know, this probably has never happened but given the odd circumstance I wonder if it would be the best outcome for both companies. If drilling outlines what looks to be a future mine then it would make selling it much simpler. Just putting this idea out there for discussion. I haven't given it too much thought so please refrain from aiming shotguns at me please
    Last edited by Nortalk: 11/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.20
Change
-0.010(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $430.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.24 $2.26 $2.20 $262.7K 118.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 24435 $2.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.25 1454 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.